The College of Law is a department of Liceo de Cagayan University which was founded by the late Atty. and Mrs. Rodolfo N. Pelaez and was formally opened on February 4, 1955, in answer to public demand. Since then it started to produce young lawyers imbued with professional competence who later turned out to be among the leading luminaries in the city until it was temporarily closed in 1975. It was however reopened in 1993. It produced its first batch of lawyers in 1997, placing fourth in passing average among the seventy law schools throughout the country. From then on, it has continued to turn out lawyers.
The College of Law envisions itself as a premier law school in the country distinguished for its academic quality.