The Office of the Student Affairs serves as the link or conduit between and among the students, administration, and faculty of the college department in so far as co-curricular, extracurricular, and other student services are concerned. It implements the rules and regulations, policies, and procedures of the school as related to the specific provisions found in the Student Handbook.
- To assist students through various academic and non-academic programs, thus enhancing their mental, physical, social and spiritual developments
- To give a proper venue for the orientation of new students as to the mission, goals and objectives, rules and regulations, use of facilities and function of the different offices of the institution
- To assist in the selection of students eligible for financial assistance and other awards
- To coordinate with the Guidance Office in the promotion of the students activities and in the monitoring of students problems and the formulation of corresponding solutions to the said problems
- To establish linkage with the different colleges of the University in the planning and execution of curricular and co-curricular activities for the students
- To assist students in their desire to help develop themselves through participating with their Student Body Organization activities
The Liceo de Cagayan University Office of Student Affairs (OSA) functions within the supervision of the Office of the Vice President for Academic Affairs (VPAA). It is given the responsibility and the latitude to ensure that daily interactions are peaceful and productive for every student. It upholds and administers the rules for behavior, possesses oversight for judging infractions, coordinates with campus law enforcement officers, organizes community activities, plans extra and intramural sporting activities, and more. Maintaining an active, harmonious, and beneficial learning and living environment for students is one of its primary functions.
Specifically, the Office of Student Affairs ensures that:
- Adequate physical facilities, equipment, and materials are provided for student activities;
- Services and activity objectives are translated into achievable goals;
- Policies and procedures reflect the University’s philosophy and objectives;
- The Office is represented in the formulation and revision of policies and guidelines that affect the Student Affairs program;
- Services and activities are recognized and supported by the administration.