The University allows admission on educational benefits by grants or contractual arrangements subjects the to following rules and regulation:
A. State Scholarship Program:
This program is administered by the National scholarship under the CHED pursuant to R.A. 4090. This grant is divided into three (3) categories:
- National Integrated Study Grant Program (NISGP) under Presidential Memorandum Order 516 covering both baccalaureate and post graduate courses.
- Selected Ethnic Group Educational Assistance Program (SEGEAP), formerly the PANAMIN, for prospective students belonging to the cultural communities.
- TEIJIN Limited Scholarship Program (TLSP) for selected engineering and technological courses.
Students shall apply for these scholarship grants at the CHED, and once approved, may be admitted to Liceo de Cagayan University subject to the admission requirements.
B. Armed Forces of the Philippines Grants
Under P.D 577, a scholarship is granted to dependents of AFP personnel who died or became incapacitated in the line of duty. The qualified dependents are the following:
- Surviving spouse
- Unmarried children below 21 years old
- Parents if wholly dependent
- Next of kin below 21 years old
Application for this scholarship grant shall be filed at the AFP office.
C. PNP Educational Grant
It is special educational benefit being offered by the school to the members of the PNP personnel assigned in the Police Station of Cagayan de Oro City. This arrangement was forged between President Jose Ma. R. Golez and former Mayor Aquilino Pimentel Jr. to give opportunity to members of the Cagayan de Oro City police force to pursue their college education. Presently, this grant is extended to the dependents of the PNP personnel on a quota basis.
Application for this scholarship grant must be filed within the enrollment period subject to available slots in the quota.
D. Private Education Student Financial Assistance Program (PESFA)
This financial assistance to students is governed by R.A 6728. Application for this benefit shall be filed at the Commission on Higher Education (CHED).
E. Study Now Pay Later Plan (SNPLP)
- A scholarshipplan administered by the CHED, per CHED order No. 29, S. 1989. This scheme is available for courses of national priority, which includes but not limited to:
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Bachelor of Science in Physical Therapy
- The following may avail of the SNPLP Assistance Program:
- Dependents of parents or guardians with a gross income of not more than P35,000.00 per annum or as the law provides
- Graduates of secondary course from public school or recognized private school
- Average grade of not less than 80% in the 4th year High School
- Filing of Applications
- Application under this plan shall be made at the CHED Regional Office where the applicant obtains the application form and other documents to be accomplished.Such other scholarship grants as may be contracted by the school with private entities and individuals.
Filing Scholarship Grants
Application for scholarship must be filed within a month after the start of the regular class. In the case of educational benefits granted under a quota system, priority shall be on a “first-come-first-served” basis and based on the need of the student as may be determined by the SPS office.
Scholarships are renewable every semester, depending upon the student’s academic performance as required by the University. Any student whose semester’s work qualifies for scholarship may file his application at the Office of the Dean.