Medical Laboratory Science Education
Medical Technology Education/Medical Laboratory Science Education aims to develop a foundation in the fundamentals of medical laboratory science and to make it responsive to the demands for manpower in the paramedical service utilizing the highly innovative technologies. It consists of clinical laboratory testing which plays a crucial role in the detection, diagnosis, prognosis, prevention and treatment of diseases such that medical technologist/medical laboratory scientists must have a combination of education, clinical laboratory internship and specialized training.
Goals and Objectives:
- To develop basic knowledge, proper attitude and refinement of skills in the performance of clinical laboratory procedures needed as aid to proper diagnosis, treatment, prognosis and prevention of diseases.
- enhancement of skills in critical and analytical thinking to advance knowledge in Medical Laboratory Science/Medical Technology and contribute to the challenge of the profession.
- Develop leadership skills and promote competence and excellence.
- Uphold moral and ethical values in the services of society and in the practice of the profession.
Specific Professions, Careers, Occupations or Trades that graduates of this program may go into:
- Clinical Laboratory Practice: Medical Technologists/Medical Laboratory Scientists in Hospital Laboratories, Clinics and Sanitarium.
- Education: Medical Technologists/Medical laboratory Scientists can be employed as faculty in colleges and universities offering Medical Technology/Medical Laboratory Science program to teach professional subjects.
- Diagnostic Industry/Drug Companies
- Medico-Legal Laboratory
- Drug Testing Laboratory
- HIV/AIDS Testing
- Information System
- Quality Management System
Other fields employing the knowledge and skills of Medical Technologist/Medical laboratory Scientists.
Bachelor of Science in Medical Laboratory Science
Is a four year program consisting of general education subjects and professional subjects. The second semester of the fourth year level is the internship program of six (6) months in an accredited training laboratory with rotational duties in different sections.