The College of Arts and Sciences envisions itself as a significant, multifaceted, and well-grounded academic unit of the University that offers general education courses as well as degree courses in Biology, Communication, Economics, English Literature, International Studies, Library Information Science, Performing Arts, Political Science, and Psychology.
The College of Arts and Sciences commits itself to coordinate with its partner colleges in the University in developing creative and responsible individuals for the changing society.
The College of Arts and Sciences, as a service unit, aims to provide the students of other colleges with a holistic training that will enable them to perform efficiently and effectively as they pursue their respective fields of specialization. As an independent unit that offers degree courses, it aims to produce globally competent graduates in the broad fields of arts and sciences.
The College of Arts and Sciences endeavors to
- integrate into all curricular programs the values and skills of self-awareness and human relations;
- develop strong support and cooperation from faculty members for academic competency and excellence;
- promote critical thinking, creativity, and responsibility for a more in-depth understanding of the changing society;
- encourage community-based research for instructional innovations and social development;
- impart potentials, abilities, and resources through self-reliant activities in the community extension programs;
- establish close interaction between the College and the industries for research, training, job placements, and other support programs.
The General Education component of the University envisions itself as the very “groundwork for the development of a professionally competent, humane, and moral person,” who is both artistically and culturally excellent.
The General Education component of the University commits itself to mould holistic individuals who are concerned not only with themselves but with the “Filipino society and nation and the global community.”
The General Education component of the University aims to produce globally competitive graduates whose principles, skills, and values are not only deeply rooted in the Filipino arts and culture but also attuned to current world trends and standards.
The General Education component of the University endeavors to develop the students’
- contemporary leadership skills in evaluating problem-solving, planning, and decision-making for national and global economic development;
- intrapersonal and interpersonal skills anchored in multicultural awareness and sensitivity, professionalism, commitment, adaptability, self-confidence, and positive attitude;
- skills in communication, research, and computer technology;
- multifaceted character that exemplifies the Liceo University core values of excellence, integrity, loyalty, discipline, and service for God, country and humanity; and
- creativity and sense of responsibility for the changing society.
Mr. Ramon Abrera